神はあなたがたをかえりみていて下さるのであるから、自分の思いわずらいを、いっさい神にゆだねるがよい。 (ペテロの第一の手紙 5:7 )
Since I find most recent TV programs rather boring, I've been watching Korean dramas on SKY PerfecTV!. The other day, I happened to watch The Sound of Music again for the first time in quite a while.
It stars Julie Andrews, one of my favorite actresses, and was filmed in Salzburg. I even own the DVD and have watched it countless times over the years.
These days, you can even watch movies on YouTube. Since the movie cannot be embedded directly here, I’ll post the URL below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Ecqv3qPUw&t=863s
The video below features the song "Climb Every Mountain" sung in the movie. In this scene, the Mother Abbess sings to Maria after she returns to the abbey, confused about her future. Maria is torn between becoming a nun and returning to the von Trapp family.
The subtitles display both the lyrics and their translation. Here are some of the lyrics:
Climb every mountain
Search high and low
Follow every byway
Every path you know
Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
‘Till you find your dream
It is a song of encouragement urging her not to simply hide in the abbey, but to discover the true mission God has given her. Here, the word "dream" means much more than simply a wish or personal ambition; it signifies the life calling or mission bestowed upon her by God.
Climb every mountain
Mountains symbolize life's difficulties and trials. The message is that you shouldn't give up just because things are hard; rather, you should climb the mountain if necessary.
Ford every stream
Ford is used here as a verb meaning to cross a river by walking through shallow water. It doesn't imply a safe path with a bridge. The image here is to keep moving forward, even if you get wet.
Search high and low
This means searching everywhere—both high and low.
Follow every byway
A byway is a side road or a less-traveled path. In life, we often take unexpected detours, but the song suggests that those detours are not wasted.
Every path you know
This seems to suggest that you should explore every path you know and gain experience along the way.
Follow every rainbow
It is a poetic way of encouraging us to move forward without losing hope. I think this song symbolizes the overall theme of "The Sound of Music".It is also heard again near the end of the movie, giving the audience a sense of hope and a bright future.
I've visited Salzburg four times over the years because I love both Mozart and The Sound of Music. Each visit brought back wonderful memories of this timeless film.
<Photos of the film's shooting locations>
These are quite old photos... While there, I spontaneously signed up for the "Original Sound of Music Tour" (an English-language bus tour) to visit the actual filming locations.
The von Trapp family home was actually created using two different locations: Leopoldskron Palace and Hellbrunn Palace. The photo below shows Leopoldskron Castle.
Below is another location: Hellbrunn Palace.
The scene where the eldest daughter, Liesl, and Rolf confess their feelings was particularly beautiful and romantic. They caught in a sudden thunderstorm and dashed inside, where they sang and danced to "You are sixteen, going on seventeen....♪”
I didn't learn until much later that when the movie was filmed, this gazebo was originally located on the grounds of Leopoldskron Castle. It was reportedly moved to Hellbrunn Palace to make it easier for tourists to visit and see.
This is St. Michael's Church, where the wedding scene between Maria and Captain von Trapp was filmed. It was a pastel-yellow building, similar in style to Mozart's Birthplace.
These are the "Do-Re-Mi Steps" in Mirabell Gardens. The bus tour concluded here.








No comments:
Post a Comment