Working in international trade often meant dealing with situations beyond human control. Weather and other natural events could easily delay shipments, and there was nothing we could do except entrust everything to God.
As in my previous trading job, my work in international trade at my third company was filled with anxious moments. Whenever I was responsible for overseas shipments, I constantly worried about delivery schedules. Even a simple rainstorm could delay a ship's arrival or departure, affecting delivery deadlines.
Import procedures were just as tense because any delay in customs clearance could postpone delivery to our customers. Sometimes I was so concerned about work that I even dreamed about it. Looking back, I realize how completely devoted I was to my job.
The most unforgettable experience happened when our company was preparing for a large international trade show in the United States.
Because production had fallen behind schedule, several large demonstration units could not be shipped by sea as originally planned. Instead, we had to send everything by air at the last minute. After a hectic rush, we finally managed to load the cargo onto the aircraft, and I felt greatly relieved.
Then something completely unexpected happened. A volcano near Anchorage suddenly erupted, and volcanic ash forced aircraft operations to stop. Our cargo was stranded at the airport.
Naturally, my supervisors and I were deeply concerned. We had reserved a large exhibition space, and without our equipment, it would remain almost empty. We repeatedly contacted the airline, but since this was a natural disaster, no one could tell us when flights would resume.
There was absolutely nothing I could do.
So I prayed earnestly.
"Lord, what should I do? If our exhibition booth is left empty, it will be a serious problem. Please stop the eruption, allow the flights to resume, and let our shipment arrive in time for the trade show."
Although I no longer remember the exact number of hours, the flights resumed after only several hours, and our shipment arrived just in time for the exhibition.
I thanked God with all my heart.
My work often felt like walking a tightrope, but through experiences like this, the Lord taught me to rely on Him when situations were completely beyond my control. Once again, He revealed His faithfulness and His glory.
にほんブログ村
にほんブログ村
多言語学習ランキング

No comments:
Post a Comment